PAUL BIYA WARNS HIS MINISTERS ON GOING TO THE MEDIA, PANIC GRIPS YAOUNDE…!!!
Ministers have been banned from going to radio and television to comment on the presidential speech of December 31, 2018.
Will Paul Biya proceed to a cabinet reshuffle in the coming days? In the seraglio, many think that the probability is very high. If the reorganization of the government team is expected since the re-election of the Head of State on October 22, 2018, a new fact has revived speculation.
For several years, the ministers have been storming the TV and radio sets on December 31 immediately after the President of the Republic’s end-of-year message. Through comments and analyzes, they help Cameroonians understand the meaning of Paul Biya’s message.
This tradition was broken on the occasion of the address of the Head of State to the Nation on December 31, 2018. The members of the government were formally prohibited from going to comment speeches of the President of the Republic in the media. A well-informed source told our editorial that a note had been signed in this sense, without specifying the author.
Our editorial board was unable to obtain a copy of the note. However, a person in charge of a local television channel confirmed the information. “We were to receive several ministers on our set on December 31, 2018. But the day before, the Ministry of Communication has told us that the ministers would no longer go on the plateaux,” said our informant.
The spectators and listeners could see for themselves. The members of the government and the like have all been forced to desert the media. So, it’s the specter of reshuffle that hovers. Panic on board!